What Is ROV Used For?
The main use of underwater observation ROVs is to inspect submerged objects. Especially,
- Increasing the frequency and efficiency of inspections in aquaculture facilities,
- Observing concrete blocks in ports,
- Examining long distance pipes,
- They assist in accompanying divers during risky operations. In addition, ROVs are widely used in the following applications:
- Search and rescue: scanning large areas or areas that difficult to access by security forces with side-scan sonar.
- Marine studies: Identification of sea beds, measurement of water parameters (pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen, conductivity, temperature), support for sampling of water or mud.
- Recovery of underwater objects (hydrophones, measuring devices, etc.).